HER GAME TOO FORMS PARTNERSHIP WITH CULFC
Her Game Too was formed in May 2021 by 12 female football fans, who wanted to raise awareness of sexist abuse in football and to also encourage fellow female fans to share their experiences.
The original campaign video was released on FA Cup Day on Saturday 15th May 2021 and it amassed one million views within the first 24 hours on Twitter.
The campaign’s aims are to:
• Create Awareness.
• Develop a strong sense of community.
• Create regular content to champion women in football (players, staff AND fans).
• Create strong relationships with clubs.
• Create strong relationships with club trusts and communities.
• Have a presence at football grounds and sports bars to build a more welcoming environment for young girls and women.
• Continue to campaign against sexism in football.
• Continue to campaign against online abuse.
Lucy Ford, co-founder of Her Game Too) said: “Her Game Too is a movement set up by 12 female football fans with the aim to raise awareness of the sexist abuse in football.
“Our aim is to tackle the misogynistic culture surrounding football so we can create a better and more inclusive atmosphere for female fans for now and the next generation.
“We feel it is important to have the support and backing of football clubs throughout the country across all levels in both the Men and the Women's Game, so we are delighted to be partnering with Coventry United Ladies, who currently play in the FA's Women Championship and we look forward to working together."